About Clare Haven Horizons
Clare Haven Horizons Charity Fashion & Furniture Home-Store was set up in 2014 by Clare Haven Services, a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the rights of women and children to live and grow in a peaceful non-violent home environment. by providing refuge, information & outreach support services to those experiencing domestic abuse The proceeds from the charity shop provides a critical funding stream for the vital services of Clare Haven and the development of prevention education and awareness programmes by Haven Horizons with the aim of ending relationship abuse in our society.
Clare Haven Services provide support, information and refuge accommodation to women and their children experiencing Domestic Violence/Abuse.
Their Charity Homestore Clare Haven Horizons are looking for volunteers and the tasks would be as follows:-
Accepting and assisting with receipt of donations (clothers, bric a brac, books)
* Sorting donations and ensuring all items are suitable for sale
* Separating un-saleable items for recycling.
* Pricing and using the tagging gun to attach tags to clothes.
* Ensuring the shop and coffee dock are kept clean & tidy at all times.
* Ensuring stock is displayed correctly on shelves, rails and display areas.
* Providing excellent customer service in a friendly and welcoming manner.
* Using sales till and handling money
* Ensuring stock room is kept clean and tidy in line with Health & Safety standards
They are looking for volunteers from Monday - Saturday on a 3 hourly basis from 10am to 5pm. Volunteers would work in pairs at all times. Parking is free and there is tea/coffee making facilities.
What's required for this position
The ideal candidate should , be able to work unsupervised, be calm, confident, honest, be able to work in an environment of people from diverse social/economic backgrounds.
Confidentiality of utmost importance
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 3 months
Hours required: 2hrs
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews