Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Archdiocese delivering services to those who need them most within the greater Dublin area, working to relieve poverty and serve the needs of the poor and marginalised in the Archdiocese of Dublin. We offer a range of programmes based on innovative approaches to meet new and emerging needs for those affected by homelessness, the needs of young people, and the development of community driven services.
Do you have Thursday or Friday mornings free? Would you like to help in a practical way to support people in food poverty in the community? Crosscare are looking for volunteers to help pack and distribute food parcels in our Darndale Community foodbank
Commitment: Weekly or fortnightly to be agreed with volunteer
Thursdays Pre Packing:10am-12
Fridays Foodbank Day: 9am-12
• To sort donated food and make food parcels ready for distribution
• To provide a warm welcome to each client and/or distributing organisation who access our service
• To transfer food items from pre-packed parcels into client shopping bags
• To support the coordinator in maintaining the foodbank to a high standard of quality including; cleaning/tidying shelves, stock taking & rotation and adhering to HACCP guidelines
What's required for this position
• We are looking for friendly task orientated volunteers who are can be flexible and supportive.
• Please take into consideration that this role can be a little physically demanding i.e. packing & moving parcels.
- Community Development/ Social work
- Personable Skills
- Retail/ Customer Service
- Trades/ Operative/ Manual
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
Hours required: 3hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Darndale, Dublin 17
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Gain an understanding of the workings of a community Food Bank within the work of Crosscare. Thorough induction,relevant training, support and recognition.
Dublin BUs: 27, 27X