About Helplink Support Service CLG
Helplink Support Services CLG is a non-profit organisation that provides accessible mental health and conflict resolution services locally, nationally and internationally.
We require two new volunteer Directors for the Board of Helplink Support Services (helplink.ie). Helplink is a charitable organisation that provides accessible mental health and conflict resolution services locally, nationally and internationally. Specifically we are looking for persons with a backgrounds / experience in Law and HR.
The general duties of charity Trustees / Directors / Members come from common law. Although not an exhaustive list, below are some of the main duties of a charity trustee:
1) Comply with your charity’s governing document 2) Ensure that your charity is carrying out its charitable purposes for the public benefit
3) Act in the best interests of your charity 4) Act with reasonable care and skill 5) Manage the assets of your charity 6) Make appropriate investment decisions 7) Ensure that your charity keeps proper books of account 8) Ensure that your charity prepares and furnishes financial accounts to the Charities Regulator 9) Ensure that your charity prepares and furnishes an annual report to the Charities Regulator. 10)There are other roles and responsibilities in addition to the above, which can be found here https://goo.gl/x3xKM6 and also within our governing document.
What's required for this position
Helplink's Board of Directors is made of various seats, where we seek individuals with specific skills to advance the organisation as a whole. There are currently two seats available on the Board: one for persons with experience in HR and one for persons experienced in Law.
- Business/ HR/ Management
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Location of volunteering opportunity:
1st Floor, the Plaza, Headford Road, Galway City.
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Garda Vetting
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Physical Disability
- Sensory Disability
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Being on the Board of a charitable organisation such as Helplink Support Services provides volunteers the opportunity to affect change at the highest level and also increase the volunteer's social/business networks.