STAND provides a range of opportunities for third level students to learn more about global development issues.
Are you super organised? Do you love it when it a plan comes together? Do you have what it takes to plan and manage the festival on your campus? If so, the Festival Manager role is the one for you!
We are looking for Festival Managers, Marketing & PR Managers, and Festival Ambassadors to run the STAND Student Festival on third level campuses across Ireland. You can find all information on the three roles we are recruiting for on our website here.
What's required for this position
(1) Super organised. Planning and event management skills.
(2) Are you a great communicator? Do you know who’s who on your campus? Do you know how to spread the word and draw a crowd? If so, the step right up for the Festival Marketing & PR Manager role!
(3) Are you passionate about global justice and equality? Do you want to learn more about climate action? Could you be the spokesperson for your team, host events and speak to campus? If so, you’re perfect for the Festival Ambassador role!
- Arts/ Music/ Drama
- Event management/ Fundraising
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
- PR/ Marketing/ Market Research
- Research/ Journalism/ Media
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 3 months
Hours required: 3hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
University Campuses across Ireland:
Trinity, UCD, DCU, DIT Aungier Street
NUIG, UCC, NUI Maynooth,
Also available in these counties
Cork, Dublin - Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown, Galway, Kildare
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Training and ongoing support from the staff at STAND! The chance to run your own festival! Personal and professional skills that will make your CV stand out! A warm fuzzy feeling inside, knowing you’re helping to tackle climate change
Please check with University websites for best transport routes.