About Ladies Gaelic Football Association
The Ladies Gaelic Football Association provides a social outlet and a healthy activity for thousands of people around the world. Starting with club football for primary schools girls, an individual can keep playing Ladies Gaelic for as long as she wants, especially now with our Gaelic4Mothers&Others initiative for those adults interested in recreational or non-competitive participation.
The National Gaelic4Mothers&Others Blitz Day has become one of the most important dates not just on the LGFA calendar but for Women in Sport in general! Taking place on Saturday 5th October, this is a fun, recreational day for women aged 25+ to attend with their team mates for a social event.
All players are recreational so are not allowed to be competitive players with their club so this leads to a really fun and family atmosphere throughout the day.
This is definitely a day with a difference full of laughs and friendships and we will also have 2FM broadcasting live from the event!
What You'll Be Doing
1. Volunteers' main role will be assisting the pitch co-ordinator to ensure matches are kept to schedule and being a point of contact for the teams. LGFA will have volunteers from the association as main pitch co-ordinators.
2. Report to Naomh Mearnóg or St Sylvester’s GAA Clubs (both in same area but just different entrances) at 10.15am on Saturday 5th October 2019 for co-ordinator meeting. Parking will be available at the club.
3. Help to get teams to their designated pitch after the fun mass warm up at the start which really sets the atmosphere for the day.
4. Make sure that co-ordinators at your pitch get a tea break and lunch break, same for you also. Act as co-ordinator when they are gone.
5. Encourage teams to use bins provided and make sure that pitches and surrounding areas are kept litter free.
6. Help clear pitch after last game and return all items to designated area at club.
This is a volunteer led day and we would love to have you as part of it!
What's required for this position
This is a fun day so greatest thing to bring is sense of humour and a smile! The volunteer will assist with co-ordination of pitches ensuring games start on time and teams are where they should be. It is always a great day!
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Once Off
Hours required: 6hrs Once off
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Naomh Mearnóg GAA Club,
Black's Lane, Portmarnock, Co. Dublin
Also available in these counties
Dublin - Fingal
Screening details for this role:
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Be part of a very unique event!
• Meet new people – including coordinators, teams and officials
• Tea and lunch will be provided
• Access to post match entertainment in the club house
View on Google Maps