About ARC Cancer Support Centres
ARC Cancer Support Centre provides a drop-in service and professional support to men and women affected by cancer and to those who care for them. All services are provided free of charge.
We are looking for qualified volunteers to provide one to one counselling support to people affected by cancer.
- Liaise with ARC centre-coordinators in scheduling appointments and ensure a high level of service delivery for clients.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Continually advance and develop ones professional development particularly in the areas of cancer care.
- Be flexible in your work and work in a non-judgmental manner.
What's required for this position
The ideal candidate will be a fully accredited counsellor. They will demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills, great warmth and empathy. Volunteers must be able to work within the values of ARC Cancer Support Centres.
- Community Development/ Social work
- Multi-lingual/ Multi-culturalism
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
Hours required: 3hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
ARC Cancer Support Centres in Dublin 7, Dublin 4 and Dublin 8
Also available in these counties
Dublin - City, Dublin - Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown, Kildare, Louth, Meath, Wicklow
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
ARC volunteers are encouraged to avail of ongoing training opportunities and attend internal services.
Bus, Luas and DART services available to all our centres