About Family Carers Ireland
Family Carers Ireland is a national voluntary organisation for and of family carers in the home. Family carers provide high levels of care to a range of people including frail older people, people with severe disabilities, the terminally ill and children with special needs.
- aim to provide family carers with emotional and practical supports
- promote the interests of family carers and those receiving care in the home
- lobby and advocate in an effort to gain recognition and social justice for carers' invaluable contribution to Irish society
- work in partnership with other organisations to further the interests and welfare of family carers
Can you spare three hours to help us on Friday 21st June?
Shine a Light is our national day to raise awareness of family carers in Ireland while raising much-needed funds to support them through the sale of our heart-shaped pins for €2.
As June 21st is the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, it is an appropriate day to shine a light on the contribution of family carers and to raise awareness of the supports offered by Family Carers Ireland..
Did you know that 1 in 10 people (355,000) care for a loved one or family friend and that this figure is set to rise to 1 in 5 by 2030?
What's required for this position
Fluent in English.
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Once Off
Hours required: 3hrs Once off
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Collecting in Dublin near Heuston Station
Screening details for this role:
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Insurance cover
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Help raise awareness of Family Carers in Ireland
Dublin Bus, train or Luas to Heuston