About Ballyfermot Centre Dublin South Citizens Information Service
Citizens Information Centre provides a free confidential information, advice and advocacy service on all your rights and entitlements.
As Volunteer Receptionist you will:
• Support the provision of reception cover during the FLAC clinic on a Tuesday evening in Ballyfermot CIC.
• Be the first point of contact with the public and assist them to wait and then be directed to speak to a FLAC volunteer
• Support the recording of statistics relating to number of callers availing of the FLAC clinic and communicating this back to the wider CIC team.
• Reception cover may be called on to assist FLAC volunteers with admin duties including
2 Locating forms/information booklets
To engage in initial induction training and support ongoing communications in relation to the FLAC clinic with the Manager of Ballyfermot CIC
• Other duties may be assigned in order to ensure a smooth running of the service.
What's required for this position
Time Commitment: 6.30 - 8.30pm (Please note that on occasion the clinic may run up to 9.30pm but generally the clinic is finished by 8.30pm)
Skills / Experience:
• Computer literate
• Enjoy dealing with people
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of working in a busy information environment is desirable
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 2hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Ballyfermot Civic Centre, Ballyfermot Road, Dublin 10
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Physical Disability
- Sensory Disability
- Mental Health Difficulties
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Practical receptionist skills experience; Training opportunities for both reception skills as well as in the area of Information provision on a range of areas; Support to engage in other volunteer opportunities outside of the FLAC clinic with Ballyfermot.
Dublin Bus to Ballyfermot