About Aughrim Street Scouts
The Aim of Scouting Ireland is to encourage the physical, intellectual, character, emotional, social and spiritual development of young people so that they may achieve their full potential and, as responsible citizens, to improve society. The scout unit is catering for young boys and girls 8-19 years of age.
Youth leadership in mixed unit catering for:
1) Beaver Scouts 6 to 8 year olds.
2) Cub Scouts 9 to 11 year olds.
3) Scouts are 12 to 15 years of age.
4) Venture Scouts 15 to 17 years of age.
5) Rover Scouts is for 18 to 20 year olds.
1) assisting with games, scout skills, etc.
2) assisting with organising weekly meeting
3) some camping, trips, hikes etc.
No previous scout experience is necessary as training will be provided.
We require commitment of one evening per week, one Saturday or Sunday per month.
The 160th Ardlea Scout group cater for young boys and girls 8-19 years of age, teaches them many new skills, gives access to outdoor activities, helps them to help others and each other, but mainly to have good fun.
What's required for this position
Willingness to work in an adult leader team.
- Arts/ Music/ Drama
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Personable Skills
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Aughrim Street Scouts Den, Ben Edair Rd,
Arbour Hill, Dublin 7
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Yes - 2 references.
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
Google Map Location