About Darndale/Belcamp Integration Childcare Services
Darndale Belcamp Integrated Childcare Service Ltd is a community childcare centre offering high quality, safe, affordable and inclusive childcare to the local community. We cater for children of all abilities. We follow the High/Scope curriculum and provide full and part time daycare for children age 6 weeks to 12 years of age.
We also run an Afterschools service which includes childcare during school closures and a summer programme. The aim is to promote the physical, emotional, social and educational well being of children of the Centre.
Volunteers would support the staff in working with children from 0 to 12 years of age.
1. Introducing them to new activities and building their self confidence, self esteem and feelings of self worth.
2. Taking part in the High/Scope curriculum and ensuring the children play and develop in a fun and safe environment.
What's required for this position
1) Ability to take initiative
2) Ability to work in a team
6) Good communication skills
7) Confidentiality and reliability
- Arts/ Music/ Drama
- Education/ Training
- Personable Skills
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
Hours required: 4hrs
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Darndale Belcamp Village Centre, Priorswood, Dublin
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Sense of contribution to a community project.
Experience in working in community organisation
Google map location