About Dublin Simon Community
Dublin Simon Community works to prevent and address homelessness in Dublin. We provide services at all stages of homelessness and enable people to move to a place they can call home.
• Ability to use till
• Cash handling
• Sorting/tagging clothing
• Communication with customers
• Cleaning of shops
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
• Good knowledge and understanding of Dublin Simon
• Flexible working hours
What's required for this position
• Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
• To participate in regular supervision with your line manager.
• To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice with your area of work and within Dublin Simon as a whole.
• To report any area of concern to your line manager in a timely manner.
• To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the work.
• Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
• Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
• To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative
• To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
• To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time.
• To undertake your role in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 7hrs
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Camden Street/ Thomas Street
Other location details:
Camden Street,Dublin 2/Thomas Street, Dublin 8
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Ongoing training opportunities
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Good interpersonal skills.
A commitment to social justice and equal opportunities.
Commitment to a minimum placement of 9 months (preferably 12 months).
An ability to reflect on work practice and a desire to learn good working practices.