About Dublin Simon Community
Dublin Simon Community works to prevent and address homelessness in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow, Meath, Louth, Cavan and Monaghan. We provide services at all stages of homelessness and enable people to move to a place they can call home.
Shops involve customer care, donor and client care. Donor care involves assisting donors with their donations and thanking them on the behalf of the organisation. Client care involves assisting clients from homeless services in getting their clothing allowance.
• Ability to use till; handling cash.
• Stock processing – Assessing the quality of donations, preparing goods for re-use, pricing and displaying in the shops using visual merchandising standards.
• General Housekeeping duties to improve the appearance of the shops.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Dublin Simon.
• Flexible working hours.
What's required for this position
- Resilience and positive outlook.
- Effective team working.
- Initiative and taking responsibility.
- Respect for the dignity of others.
- Experience in retail.
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
- Retail/ Customer Service
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 10hrs Three times per week
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Camden Street & Thomas Street, Dublin
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Ongoing training opportunities
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to volunteer within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations. To participate in regular supervision with your line managers.
Close to city centre easily accessible by bus