Aware is a voluntary organization formed in 1985 by a group of interested patients, relatives and mental health professionals, whose aims are to assist that section of the population who are directly affected by depression.
Volunteers are required for Aware's Telephone Support Service, available in Dublin and Cork. Volunteer commitment involves initial training of approximately 21 hours with follow-up training and support throughout the year.
Aware telephone support line offer a safe, confidential space (within normal limits) where people can talk about their own experience of depression and explore available options.
1. Full training will be given and the volunteer will also receive training updates throughout their time with the organisation.
2. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who can commit to three hours each week and who wants to make a very real and positive difference in the lives of others.
3. We are looking for volunteers for daytime, evening and weekends. Minimum commitment is 18 months.
Closing date for online applications is the 3rd September 2018.
Saturday 15th, 22nd and 29th September 2018 9.30am-5pm and Monday 1st October and Monday 5th November 6.30pm-9pm.
How to Apply
See here for role description and online application form
What's required for this position
A volunteer will have empathy and good communication skills, have an ability to take direction and possess enthusiasm, passion and energy. The volunteer must be respectful of others and be willing to make a commitment to volunteering with Aware.
- Personable Skills
- Phone Support/ Information Giver
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 2 years
Hours required: 3hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Dublin 4 and Cork City
Also available in these counties
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Mental Health Difficulties
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Free training, improved skill set & opportunity to contribute to the community.