About St Michael's House Moyle Road
St Michael's House Moyle Road is a day centre for adults with intellectual disability. It is an active and fun place where people come to meet friends, share hobbies and interests and learn new skills.
This role is wide and varied which can be tailored to the interests of the person. It can include maintaining the yard and small garden, assisting with the recycling, managing household stock, light maintenance tasks, setting up rooms for classes, opening & closing the building.
Time and commitment to this role is:
Volunteers are asked to work for 2+ hours per week within the hours of 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
What's required for this position
This role would suit somebody who is handy and can use their own initiative.
Experience in; Gardening, light maintenance, stock taking or organising rooms.
- Personable Skills
- Trades/ Operative/ Manual
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
Hours required: 2hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Unit 22, Moyle Road, Dublin Ind. Est., Glasnevin, Dublin 11
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
• Opportunities to learn new skills and meet new people
• Potential to enhance and enrich your personal life
• On-going support and advice from volunteer coordinators
• Gain experience to go forward in education or employment