About Irish Deaf Society
The Irish Deaf Society provides support to the Deaf community throughout Ireland by providing: Advocacy information and advice through Irish Sign Language, Community and Personal Support, Deaf Adult Education.
Can you spare a few hours a week for the Irish Deaf Society? ‘Make a difference with your spare time’. By volunteering your time, you will:
• Assist and serve customers, providing a service of the highest standard.
• Get on with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
• Assist with processing stock, including sorting, steaming, pricing of donated items.
• Promote public understanding of the work of that the Irish Deaf Society delivers and the importance of raising funds through the shop.
• Prepare stock for shop floor.
The shop is open from 9.30am to 5.30pm. We would need assistance to cover shifts of 4 hours, either; 9.30am -1.30pm or 1.30pm -5.30pm
What's required for this position
No experience needed as full training will be given
Ideally, the volunteer will have customer care service skills, be able to work as part of a team environment with an ability to use their own initiative when needed. Volunteering with the Irish Deaf Society gives you a chance to learn new skills while helping a worthy charity.
- Personable Skills
- Retail/ Customer Service
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Hours required: 4hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
364 North Circular Road Phibsboro, Dublin 7
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Learning new skills, making friends, giving something back to the community, reference given if requested, working within a team, an extra position to include on your CV if you are job hunting.