About Solas Project
Solas Project is a charity (CHY 17385) based in Dublin 8. Our vision is to see communities rejuvenated. We aim to do this by equipping and building up young people to overcome all limitations imposed on them by social and educational disadvantage through the adventure of discovering their abilities and self-worth.
Are you free for one week this Summer? Looking for experience with young people or children in a social / community focused context?
Join us for one week (or more) this summer as we run a 5 week programme of fun and adventure for children aged 6 – 13. It’s a great way to provide a constructive, productive but most importantly an enjoyable time for the children to spend the long summer holidays!
What's involved in this role?
- Having fun with them!
- Helping supervise children during travel to/from destination and during activities.
- Helping with children on transport from city centre
- Water activities, sports and teamwork.
What's required for this position
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys interacting and playing with children.
- Brings a sense of enthusiasm and energy.
- Is reliable, patient, resilient and flexible.
- Wants to contribute to creating a caring and safe environment.
- Gently encourages all children to participate in and enjoy their day.
- Arts/ Music/ Drama
- Community Development/ Social work
- Education/ Training
- Hospitality/ Befriending
- Personable Skills
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 week
Hours required: 10hrs Once off
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Dublin 8 area
Other location details:
Meeting at Basin Lane Dublin 8
Also available in these counties
Dublin - City, Dublin - Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown, Dublin - Fingal, Dublin - South Dublin County
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Accessible on Red line Luas (Fatima or Saint James' Hospital stops) and bus line