About Dublin City Volunteer Centre
Our mission is to promote the value of volunteering and increase the range and quality of volunteering in Dublin City. Further information available here ...
The Administration Volunteer will be involved in the day to day activities, helping the Volunteer Centre to support charities and community groups to recruit and manage volunteers. Key tasks will include:
1. Following up with organisations on volunteer referrals, by email or phone, checking if applicants have started volunteering with them.
2. Using our Salesforce CRM database system to update information relating to volunteer opportunities being advertised and organisation details.
3. Actively contribute to ongoing quality improvement, helping to identify and implement ways to improve our service.
4. Liaising with Volunteer Centre staff and contributing to team projects.
Commitment of Time
We are looking for a minimum commitment of 8 hours a week over 4 months, but we can also facilitate volunteers who wish to commit more time.
What's required for this position
This role would be of interest to someone who is looking to improve their office experience, brush up on skills or get experience in the community and voluntary sector. We are looking for someone with:
Excellent attention to detail
Good communication skills
IT skills including MS Office, particularly Excel
Experience of database CRM systems such as Salesforce would be an advantage
Friendly pleasant manner
Fluent spoken and written English
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Respect for confidentiality of data.
- Computer/ Web/ ICT
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
- Phone Support/ Information Giver
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 3 months
Hours required: 8hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Aungier Street, Dublin 2
Also available in these counties
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Mental Health Difficulties
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Learn about the community and voluntary sector.
Opportunity to gain experience working with Salesforce CRM online database software.
Develop and improve admin skills.
Letter of reference can be provided.
Contact Us & Directions