About Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep
Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep provides free of charge professional photography services to parents undergoing the loss of a baby. NILMDTS trains, educates, and mobilizes professional quality photographers to provide beautiful heirloom portraits to families facing the untimely death of an infant. We believe these images serve as an important step in the family's healing process by honoring the child's legacy.
• Answer phones professionally and sensitively
• Ask appropriate questions regarding family situation to determine availability for services
• Utilize timely communication methods for dispatching session out to available photographers
• Maintain session request log for all requests that were either dispatched, declined, or provided other options
Our central number is manned on a shift system. The central number is manned Monday - Sunday 9am-9pm
Don't worry, you won't be expected to be available at all times. We share it out!
Further information about volunteering with us
What's required for this position
• Fluent English and excellent communication skills with the ability to respond with extreme sensitivity to a variety of phone calls
• Personal commitment to the mission of the organization
• Must be dependable and punctual
• Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep volunteers, families, and donors
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
- Phone Support/ Information Giver
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
Location of volunteering opportunity:
You can volunteer from your own home, so you can be based anywhere in Ireland.
Other location details:
Also available in these counties
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Supporting our mission.