About St Michael's House Moyle Road
St Michael's House Moyle Road is a day centre for adults with intellectual disability. It is an active and fun place where people come to meet friends, share hobbies and interests and learn new skills.
Moyle Road is a day centre for adults with intellectual disability. It is an active and fun place where people come to meet friends, share hobbies and interests and learn new skills.
Helping to run the canteen area by assisting in general tidying, making teas/coffees and generally, helping create a nice atmosphere.
What's required for this position
This role would be ideal for someone with a friendly disposition who can assist in managing the canteen area under supervision.
The volunteer should be patient and personable and enjoy a bit of banter.
- Hospitality/ Befriending
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
Hours required: 2hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Unit 22 Moyle Road, Dublin Ind. Est., Glasnevin, Dublin 11.
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
• Opportunities to learn new skills and meet new people
• Potential to enhance and enrich your personal life
• On-going support and advice from volunteer coordinators
• Gain experience to go forward in education or employment
Bus routes 40, 40d and 140
View St. Michael's House on Google Maps