About Butterfly Boutique Drogheda Women's Refuge Charity Shop
Aims and Objectives of the Refuge
• To provide safe accommodation, on a 24 hour basis, 7 days per week, for women (with or without children) who are homeless because they are fleeing domestic violence or who are homeless for any other reason
• To provide support and information.
• To provide a counselling service.
• To offer alternative options for women and children fleeing violence in their own home or trying to move on from being homeless
• To empower women to make informed decisions, in a peaceful environment, about their lives and futures.
• To enhance public awareness about homelessness and domestic violence, provide information and to increase the knowledge and understanding of the community, of the reality of such issues.
• Through education programmes in schools and community groups, to prevent abusive relationships and through positive self esteem programmes build people’s confidence and abilities so that they can avoid the path of homelessness.
• Through the training of professionals, to recognize and respond effectively to the victims of violence.
• To provide assistance to homeless women and children to access suitable accommodation within the local area.
All staff work together to ensure that the donated goods are sorted out and sold in an efficient manner.
Assist customers in finding the appropriate item they are looking for.
Receive items being handed in by the public and sort them into relevant categories e.g. clothing toys, books etc.
Volunteers are particularly required on Friday afternoons and Saturdays (mornings and afternoons)
It is important that customers are greeted with a smile and a can-do attitude.
What's required for this position
Prior retail experience would be an advantage but not a necessity as training will be provided.
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 4hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
14 Stockwell Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth,
Other location details:
Screening details for this role:
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Initial induction and training
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Volunteers can avail of any of our In House Social Care training modules. The Shop Supervisor will train volunteers in all aspects of the retail trade. They will be made familiar with the services offered by the Refuge.