About Epilepsy Ireland
Epilepsy Ireland was established in 1966 by a group of individuals concerned to improve the quality of life of people with epilepsy in Ireland. Our vision is to achieve a society where no person’s life is limited by epilepsy. Over the 50 years since our inception, we have grown and expanded and now provides a range of services from headquarters in Dublin and from regional offices in Cork, Dundalk, Galway, Kerry, Kilkenny, Letterkenny, Limerick, Sligo and Tullamore.
Our Rose Appeal will kick off on International Epilepsy Day – Monday 12th February 2018 and will run until Friday 16th February 2018. Epilepsy Ireland is looking for County Coordinators to manage our volunteers and to engage with other community groups to assist in the selling of our Roses and pins to make it a huge success for Epilepsy Ireland.
Your role will involve:
• Participate by managing volunteers in your County over the week commencing 12th February.
• Recruit local coordinators in towns and locations within your County.
• Recruit additional volunteers by asking community groups, family, friends or colleagues who you think would be interested in volunteering.
• You may choose to be at the venue for the whole day, with your friends and colleagues joining you at different times to help you sell our pins, or arrange a rota for people to take on shifts during the day and be there at the end.
• Ensure all volunteers are prepared and equipped to sell and have been briefed about Epilepsy Ireland and the Rose Appeal
• Encourage members of the public to purchase an Epilepsy Ireland pin/rose using the materials provided.
• At the end of the week, you will need to collect all the materials from the volunteers and make sure the cash is moved to a safe location where you can count and bank it.
• Represent Epilepsy Ireland to those you come into contact with.
What's required for this position
• Good communicator
• Good organisational skills
• Self-directed and an ability to work independently
• Professional but welcoming manner
• An interest in the work of Epilepsy Ireland
- Event management/ Fundraising
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 week
Hours required: 6hrs Once off
Location of volunteering opportunity:
All counties nationwide
Exact locations to be advised
Also available in these counties
Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Cork, Donegal, Dublin - City, Dublin - Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown, Dublin - Fingal, Dublin - South Dublin County, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow
Screening details for this role:
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Physical Disability
- Mental Health Difficulties
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
• Full pack with all you need to run your event
• Help with recruiting volunteers for your team
• Support, advice and recognition from the fundraising team of Epilepsy Ireland
Volunteers will need their own transport