About Camara Education
Camara Education operates as a social enterprise and operates in two distinct business lines: ‘Education Delivery’ and ‘Computer Reuse’. The connection between these two, seemingly disparate activities is TECHNOLOGY.
We take in used computers from Irish companies and individuals, wipe their hard drives of data (in line with US Department of Defense standards), refurbish and load them with educational software before setting them up as Learning Centres in schools in Africa and Ireland.
We train teachers to use these computers as tools to improve the delivery of education to their students.
We produce computer training and educational multimedia materials for use by teachers and children.
Camara Education is an international educational organisation dedicated to delivering real impact through technology by inspiring and empowering a young generation to improve their own life opportunities. This role is to support Camara in processing the computers in the Dublin workshop so that they are ready for shipment to Africa.
- Hardware specification investigations (BIOS)
- Testing operatibility of: Pcs, Laptops & Servers
- Upgrading hardware specification
- Loading software
- Activating software keys
- Recovering computer components
- Training other volunteers in hardware maintenance
- General workshop tasks as defined by the workshop supervisor
- Carry out the daily operations in the warehouse, ensuring that all procedures are implemented.
- Logging all computers into AfriTrack, Camara’s Salesforce database
- Processing of deliveries on to IT system
- Loading and unloading computer equipment deliveries
- Maintaining Warehouse to the highest standard
- Complying with all Health & Safety procedures
What's required for this position
1. Formal PC maintenance qualification (however not essential as training will be provided)
2. Software installation experience
Manual Handing training provided
- Computer/ Web/ ICT
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 month
Hours required: 2hrs Twice per week
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Chapelizod Industrial Estate, Dublin 20
Also available in these counties
Dublin - City, Dublin - Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown, Dublin - Fingal, Dublin - South Dublin County
Screening details for this role:
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Workshop Technicians will gain hands on experience in a Workshop setting, volunteer alongside a diverse group of people and benefit from the knowledge that their contribution and commitment is benefitting the lives of many learners throughout the world.