Ruhama is a national voluntary organisation based in Dublin that works to provide frontline supports to women affected by prostitution and victims of sex trafficking. We offer a range of confidential and non-judgemental services including outreach, advocacy, education and development programmes and counselling.
- Be part of creating a safe environment for the client in Ruhama
- Adhere to best practice standards and ethics in counselling
- Participate in monthly peer supervision meetings and external supervision
- To notify the administrative office at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot attend an appointment
- Have professional insurance cover which is appropriate and current.
Closing Date for 2018 Applications:
Closing Date for Volunteer Application forms is the August 20th 2018.
Further information about volunteering with us is also available on our website here
What's required for this position
- Fully accredited with IACP, IAHIP, IAAAC or equivalent
- Flexibility and an understanding of the Community and Voluntary Sector
- A commitment to the goals and ethos of Ruhama
- Community Development/ Social work
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 2 years
Hours required: 2hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
25 Cork Street Dublin 8
Also available in these counties
Dublin - City, Dublin - Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown, Dublin - Fingal, Dublin - South Dublin County
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Garda Vetting
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?