About Laya Healthcares City Spectacular
Laya Healthcares City Spectacular is Ireland's biggest free festival and takes place in Dublin’s Merrion Square and Cork’s Fitzgerald Park during July. The festival that brought you 14,000 people breaking the Where’s Wally World Record, 1,500 people bouncing on space hoppers, a custard pie throwing championship, rainbow disco and hundreds of jaw-dropping street performers from all over the world.
Entry to this family friendly festival is entirely FREE of charge. Further information available here.
As a volunteer at Laya Healthcare’s City Spectacular 6 - 8th July 2018, you’ll be one of the fun friendly faces of ireland's biggest and best free family festival and help with everything from greeting visitors to ensuring performers make it to their stage on time. You'll gain experience of festivals and artistic events, meet new people and get to see some amazing shows. Volunteers play a number of different roles at the event. These include (but are not limited to!)
- Stage Runner: Runners help performers and festival staff to transport equipment to and from stages and activity areas
- Stage Assistant: Stage assistants assist the stage manager with the running of the show. This may include litter picking, crowd control and acting as a point of information for festival attendees.
- Festival Greeter: Festival greeters hand out festival programmes, greet visitors, answer any questions visitors may have and help direct festival attendees to the different areas on the map.
- Special Area Assistant: This involves assisting in special areas such as DSPCA's PETacular area, Just Eat Street, Kid's Court or play and activity areas. Tasks may include litter picking, crowd control, setting up/clearing up games and activities, registering interest in classes and events and acting as a point of information for festival attendees.
- Performer Liaison: Performer Liaisons ensure that performers get to and from their scheduled stages on time
What's required for this position
Volunteers need to be enthusiastic, friendly, approachable and dependable.
- Arts/ Music/ Drama
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Personable Skills
- Retail/ Customer Service
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Once Off
Hours required: 5hrs Once off
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Merrion Square, Dublin 2.
Also available in these counties
Kildare, Meath, Wicklow
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Volunteers will receive lunch on the day, a certificate of participation, a fun volunteer uniform to keep and a reference if required.