About Knockanrawley Resource Centre
Knockanrawley Resource Centre is a community development organisation operating in Tipperary Town and the surrounding areas of West Tipperary since 1991. Our Vision statement is "Community participation for new beginnings". Our mission is to encourage, foster and empower people, groups and the community as a whole to identify and make changes that enhance their lives. To do this we:
Work with the Community Development Principles of being open to and encouraging
participation by, all sections of our community;
Offer new opportunities for personal, group and community development, training,
education and support services particularly to those lacking choice, resources and
Support and work with the community and other groups to promote positive changes
in policy that affect them.
KRC implements a holistic approach to community-based service delivery in five key areas: community development, training and education, childcare, parent & family support, and family therapy & counselling.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, energetic and resourceful volunteer. You will be working closely with all sections of the community centre developing social media updates and campaigns to promote all aspects of our community development programme. Specific tasks you will be expected to undertake include:
• Designing the centre’s Social Media calendar and schedule posts accordingly;
• Improving, updating and promoting our website and Facebook profiles;
• Setting up new social media profiles e.g. Twitter, YouTube, etc.;
• Driving and managing content across social media channels;
• Developing new and exciting ways to engage with our target community;
• Public relations: writing press releases and promotional material (online and offline);
• Analysing the effectiveness of updates and campaigns.
What's required for this position
• Good knowledge of social media and online marketing.
• Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation.
• Good communication skills: written and oral English.
• Interested in the community development sector.
• A high level of interest and understanding of the importance of social media
• Good interpersonal skills
- Arts/ Music/ Drama
- Community Development/ Social work
- Computer/ Web/ ICT
- Event management/ Fundraising
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Multi-lingual/ Multi-culturalism
- Personable Skills
- PR/ Marketing/ Market Research
- Research/ Journalism/ Media
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 3 months
Hours required: 10hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Other location details:
Knockanrawley Resource Centre, Knockanrawley, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary
Also available in these counties
Cork, Limerick, Waterford
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Physical Disability
- Mental Health Difficulties
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
• Meeting and working with new and enthusiastic people across the Centre
• Learning new skills. adding volunteering experience to your CV
• Getting more involved in and making a real difference to the most vulnerable in our community