About Solas Project
Solas Project is a charity (CHY 17385) based in Dublin 8. Our vision is to see communities rejuvenated. We aim to do this by equipping and building up young people to overcome all limitations imposed on them by social and educational disadvantage through the adventure of discovering their abilities and self-worth.
From July 16th to August 15th Solas Project will be running a 5 week programme of fun and adventure for children aged 6 to 12. It is a great way to provide a constructive, productive, but most importantly enjoyable time for children to spend their long summer holiday!
What's involved in this role?
- Getting to know the children and having fun with them!
- Helping supervise children during travel to/from destination and during activities.
- Attending day trips with transport from city centre provided with approx. 20 children in tow.
- Water activities, sports and teamwork.
*We are asking for a commitment of at least 2 full weeks out of the 5 week project.
* Volunteers must attend induction and Child Protection training at the end of June or the beginning of July. Date to be confirmed.
What's required for this position
We are looking for someone who…
- Enjoys interacting and playing with children.
- Brings a sense of enthusiasm and energy.
- Is reliable, patient, resilient and flexible.
- Wants to contribute to creating a caring and safe environment.
- Gently encourages all children to participate in and enjoy their day.
No experience required, just people willing to get involved and have fun!
Closing date for applications is 6th June.
- Fitness/ Health/ Beauty
- Personable Skills
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 month
Hours required: 1hrs Three times per week
Location of volunteering opportunity:
40 Marrowbone Lane, Dublin 8
Also available in these counties
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Volunteering with Solas Project is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with children, give back to the community, have fun, and be part of a team. Support and training are given in dealing with challenging behaviour and in child protection
Buses to Thomas Street include the 123, 13 and 40. Luas Red Line stops Fatima and James are easy walking distance as well.