Ruhama is a national voluntary organisation based in Dublin that works to provide frontline supports to women affected by prostitution and victims of sex trafficking. We offer a range of confidential and non-judgemental services including outreach, advocacy, education and development programmes and counselling.
- Provide person centred tutoring in either one to one or group format.
- Support Individuals in the developing their confidence and self esteem
- Lesson preparation
- Report your volunteer hours (tutoring, preparation etc) and progress to supervisor on a monthly basis
- To notify administrator at least 24 hours in advance if you cannot attend the class
Closing Date for 2018 Applications:
Closing Date for Volunteer Application forms is August 20th 2018.
Further information about volunteering with us is also available on our website here
What's required for this position
- A qualification and/or experience in providing educational support to 3rd level students
- Ability to access student needs and lesson plan however support will be provided.
- Flexibility and understanding of the Community and Voluntary Sector
- Computer/ Web/ ICT
- Education/ Training
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 2 years
Hours required: 2hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Ruhama, 25 Cork Street Dublin 8
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Garda Vetting
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities