About Irish Red Cross - Crumlin Unit
The Irish Red Cross provides training courses to the community in First Aid and CPR. We also provide first aid and ambulance cover at events in the community. We are starting up a new unit in Crumlin and need as many members to help running the unit.
The Irish Red Cross is an Irish charity with a network of over 100 branches throughout the country - run entirely by volunteers.
Would you like to be part of the largest humanitarian organisation in the world? You will be helping to meet the ever growing demands of our voluntary services in the community. We require members to help start up a new unit of the Irish Red Cross in the Dublin area. Full training will be provided.
You will attend our weekly meetings, assist with training in first aid, and attend courses which are required of time to time, for example Child Protection training.
You will be involved in:
1. Medical cover at local events in the community
2. Potentially driving the ambulance or response car
3. Our first aid team transporting a sick child from Crumlin hospital to home for a weekend break from the ward.
4. Assisting with fund-raising campaign and raising awareness about our work
What's required for this position
Good communicator, open minded, working as part of a team, be able and willing to undertake training courses.
- Business/ HR/ Management
- Community Development/ Social work
- Education/ Training
- Event management/ Fundraising
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Multi-lingual/ Multi-culturalism
- Phone Support/ Information Giver
- PR/ Marketing/ Market Research
- Trades/ Operative/ Manual
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Flexible
Hours required: 2hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Sunshine Industrial Estate, Crumlin Road, Dublin 12
Other location details:
Various locations around Dublin South city
Also available in these counties
Dublin - City, Dublin - South Dublin County
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Physical Disability
- Sensory Disability
- Learning Disability
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
You will be part of the largest humanitarian organisation in the world. For anyone seeking employment, volunteering with us will boost your CV. You get a chance to help out and give back to the community.
By bus the center is served by the 27, 56a, 77 & 151. By luas red line its a 10min walk from Suir Road. Parking available onsite also