About Dublin Simon Community
Dublin Simon Community works to prevent and address homelessness in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow, Meath, Louth, Cavan and Monaghan. We provide services at all stages of homelessness and enable people to move to a place they can call home.
The purpose of The Community & Events Fundraising team is to raise vital funds and awareness for Dublin Simon Community through a number Community based initiatives, including Simon Home Run, Sing for Simon campaign, and numerous other campaigns.
Core Role Requirements:
• Commit to volunteering with the Community & Events Fundraising team four hours per week.
• Act as Event Manager for at least one fundraising event in your community per annum, event type to be chosen by candidate, with the intention to raise funds for the Dublin Simon Community. Please note the Dublin Simon Community Events team will be there to assist you at all stages of the management of the event with project support, marketing materials, potential volunteers, training, etc.
• Attend Community & Events Fundraising meetings as required.
• Work as part of a team.
• Communicate all issues / events that arise with the Community & Events Manager.
• Familiarise yourself with relevant health and safety procedures.
• Adhere to all Dublin Simon Community health and safety policies and procedures.
• Act in accordance to all Dublin Simon dignity at work place policies.
• Notify Community & Events fundraising manager of any incidents/issues, in line with policies and procedures in place, producing timely reports as required.
What's required for this position
• Bring valuable events and campaigns expertise to the role .
• Experience in Fundraising, or Event management.
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Personable Skills
- PR/ Marketing/ Market Research
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Flexible, with some time required in Cope St, Dublin 2.
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities