About Dublin Simon Community
Dublin Simon Community works to prevent and address homelessness in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow and Meath. We provide services at all stages of homelessness and enable people to move to a place they can call home.
• Provide personal training/small group training sessions for service users to enhance their health and wellbeing.
• To support people who use our services to improve their wellbeing through exercise, nutrition, mindfulness, and involvement.
• To facilitate workshops, training and actives that respond to the needs of those who use our use our service and upon request by managers of services.
• To assist with the development and facilitation of health and sports programmes ensuring there are structured group actives and individual actives for all service users regardless of capability and fitness.
• To work with individual and groups of service users to enhance their wellbeing through creative ways to include physical and nutritional elements to lifestyle.
• Work with the management/maintenance team to ensure all equipment used for Health & Wellbeing activities is safe and in good working order
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 10hrs Three times per week
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Ushers Island. Dublin 8
Also available in these counties
Kildare, Laois, Meath, Wicklow
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
• Food and accommodation (where available)
• On-site and off-site training and induction
• Practical hands on experience
Bus to Ushers quay and then walk for 10 minutes