About Dublin Simon Community
Dublin Simon Community works to prevent and address homelessness in Dublin. We provide services at all stages of homelessness and enable people to move to a place they can call home.
• Provide personal training/small group training sessions for service users to enhance their health and wellbeing.
• To support people who use our services to improve their wellbeing through exercise, nutrition, mindfulness, and involvement.
• To facilitate workshops, training and actives that respond to the needs of those who use our use our service and upon request by managers of services.
• To assist with the development and facilitation of health and sports programmes ensuring there are structured group actives and individual actives for all service users regardless of capability and fitness.
• To work with individual and groups of service users to enhance their wellbeing through creative ways to include physical and nutritional elements to lifestyle.
• Work with the management/maintenance team to ensure all equipment used for Health & Wellbeing activities is safe and in good working order
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 10hrs Three times per week
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Ushers Island. Dublin 8
Also available in these counties
Kildare, Laois, Meath, Wicklow
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
• Food and accommodation (where available)
• On-site and off-site training and induction
• Practical hands on experience
Bus to Ushers quay and then walk for 10 minutes