About St Ultans Parents Afterschool Co-Op
St Ultans Parents Afterschool Co-Op are a voluntary group run by parents for parents. We aim to provide a fun, friendly and an affordable alternative to childcare in an after school setting. We are a group of parents supporting one another to perhaps seek further education or part time employment.
Would you be interested in volunteering with St Ultan's Parent Afterschool Project?
We are a group of volunteer parents running an afterschool programme for children of Cherry orchard in the Orchard Centre 4 afternoons a week from 1.00 to 4.30 pm Mon to Thurs.
As we are a not for profit parents group and there is a high demand for this afterschool’s initiative, we are looking for volunteers to give their time for 4 to 6 hours a week to help us out with this worthwhile project.
As a volunteer, you will be helping us by :
• Assisting in the supervision of children and in organising and running play activities with the children
• Maintaining room, and equipment, to ensure the health and safety of children at all times
• Ensuring a good standard of hygiene and food hygiene in serving snacks
• Attending meetings and undergo training as required
• Being aware of all policies and follow same
• Being willing to avail of training in child protection procedures and occupational first aid.
What's required for this position
• Kindness, warmth and responsiveness to the needs of children,
• Good Communication and Relating Skills with children, other staff, committee and the parents,
• Have a sense of humour
• Some Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
• Be committed and willing to attend necessary training in child protection and occupational first aid
• Complete Garda Vetting
- Personable Skills
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Flexible
Hours required: 4hrs
Location of volunteering opportunity:
The Orchard Community Centre, Cherry Orchard Grove, Cherry Orchard, Dublin 10
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities