About Serve The City Dublin
As a volunteer-led community initiative, the aim of Serve the City is simply to meet the practical needs of people in our community. It is about bringing support to those who need it through a variety of service projects. By painting a house; clearing an overgrown garden; putting up shelves; providing cultural and social activities for asylum seekers and refugees; or befriending programmes, we demonstrate care within the community.
Overview of the Volunteer Role:
As a Tour the City – Administration Volunteer, you will play an important role in administrating and organising the events of the project. You will be at the heart of the project where many of our colleagues, volunteers and partners will rely on you.
You will gain the experience in an interesting and rewarding role of social integration events while developing your communication, organisational and administration skills.
As a member of the Tour the City Team you will be more than welcome to take part in the tours where we visit places of great cultural and historical importance.
· Liaising with Serve the City Project Coordinators.
· Liaising with stakeholders and partners in terms of planning and organising the tours.
· Close collaboration with volunteers in terms of any administration queries.
· Creating event posters and writing post event short reports.
· Possible administrational support for Monitoring and Evaluation sub-project i.e. taking minutes.
· Sending out emails, updating the database and similar small ad-hoc tasks.
· Attending team meetings.
· Occasionally participating in cultural tours.
What's required for this position
Skills & Qualities Required:
· Good communication and reporting skills.
· Good organisational and administration skills.
· Good IT skills.
· Friendliness and outgoing personality.
· Team player and good problem solver.
Desirable Experience & Competencies:
· Experience in working with Microsoft Office and Office 365.
· Experience in working as part of a team but also on your own initiative.
· Experience and/or interest in not-for-profit sector and working with volunteers.
· Strong sense of commitment.
· Good time keeping.
· The volunteer conducts him/herself in a professional manner.
· The volunteer is respectful towards all staff, clients, and other volunteers.
Please complete the Serve the City online volunteer registration here
- Computer/ Web/ ICT
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
- Phone Support/ Information Giver
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 3 months
Hours required: 2hrs Three times per week
Location of volunteering opportunity:
From your laptop / PC
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
· Hands-on experience in the administration area of social integration and social inclusion.
· Opportunity to meet new people and improve and develop hard and soft skills.
· Opportunity to visit many interesting places in Dublin.