About Ozanam House Community Resource Centre
Ozanam House is a community project operated by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, working directly with people in need through an action-oriented programme, attempting to effect positive change through social justice. Our work primarily involves person-to-person contact. Throughout the year we run childcare, youth, adult education and community programmes.
Contribute to plans for your youth group.
Take part in activities and spend time with the children and young
Be a role model for the children and young people and help them with
Supervise the group together with other volunteers.
Attend and contribute to debriefings after the classes with other volunteers
Work as part of a volunteer team within a really supportive
environment where everybody helps each other, giving and taking
ongoing feedback and support between all volunteer youth leaders.
What's required for this position
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good relationships with children and young people.
• Strong commitment and enthusiasm to children and young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives.
• Interest and commitment to developing the capacity to provide reliable support to children and young people in times of stress and act with integrity, respect and support.
• Good organizational skills.
• Good level of energy and good commitment to having fun.
• An accepting and non-authoritarian approach.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Reliability, patience, resilience and flexibility.
• Ability to treat children and young people’s concerns with respect, tact and sensitivity.
- Community Development/ Social work
- Personable Skills
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 2hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Ozanam House, 53 Mountjoy Square West, Dublin 1
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Garda Vetting
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
• Personal and professional development in terms of confidence, patience, adaptability
• The chance to contribute towards the development of children and young people to enhance their sense of self-worth and belief
Google maps location
Buses: 101, 103, 123. 13-minute walk from Connolly Station, 5-minute walk from O'Connell Street. Safe bike parking provided within building.