About Ozanam House Community Resource Centre
Ozanam House is a community project operated by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, working directly with people in need through an action-oriented programme, attempting to effect positive change through social justice. Our work primarily involves person-to-person contact. Throughout the year we run childcare, youth, adult education and community programmes.
1. Developing contacts and relationships with companies and individuals in the private sector, cultivating relationships with them and securing funding partnerships into the future. This funding partnership can be sponsorship for one off events such as Ozanam Come Dancing or as longer term financial support for the centre and our programmes
2. Planning and undertaking fundraising events throughout the year including our largest single event Ozanam Come Dancing held in liberty hall in March each year
3. Implementing a communications and media plan – communicating regularly with our funders and partners throughout the year be it directly, through social media or quarterly newsletters.
What's required for this position
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Written word and presentation skills
• Good organizational skills
• Administrative skills
• Creative design skills
• Digital media skills
• Good networking abilities
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good powers of persuasion
• Creative thinking
• Effective problem solving
• Positive and energetic attitude and strong desire to meet goals and commitments
• Strong empathy with the vision and ethos of Ozanam House
Volunteers must comply with all Health & Safety protocols and requirements to prevent the spread of Covid. Training will be provided.
- Business/ HR/ Management
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Personable Skills
- PR/ Marketing/ Market Research
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 2hrs Monthly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Ozanam House, 53 Mountjoy Square West, Dublin 1
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Garda Vetting
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Personal development, new skills in networking and fundraising. Support our community resource centre in helping planned programmes and projects happen. Opportunity to make a great difference that is positive and rewarding – to your life and community.
Google maps location
Buses: 101, 103, 123. 13-minute walk from Connolly Station, 5-minute walk from O'Connell Street. Safe bike parking provided within building.