About Ozanam House Community Resource Centre
Ozanam House is a community project operated by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, working directly with people in need through an action-oriented programme, attempting to effect positive change through social justice. Our work primarily involves person-to-person contact. Throughout the year we run childcare, youth, adult education and community programmes.
• To find and plan the venue for fundraising events.
• To plan, direct, support and control the events.
• To plan, develop and implement advertising for the events.
• To utilise networks to engage more representatives from the private sector in our events.
• To seek the support of companies and sponsors.
• To support event organisers and direct them in their work.
• To oversee the event on the night taking on various roles as agreed at committee meeting.
• Other general responsibilities in the context of the role as agreed in the event committee meetings.
What's required for this position
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good time management skills.
• Administrative skills.
• Graphic design skills.
• Digital media skills.
• Social media skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Creative thinking.
• Effective problem solving.
• Positive and energetic attitude and strong desire to meet goals and commitments.
- Community Development/ Social work
- Event management/ Fundraising
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 2hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Ozanam House, 53 Mountjoy Square West, Dublin 1
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Garda Vetting
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Personal development, new skills in organising events. To see behind the scenes of an event, get closer to the action and play a role in making an event possible. Opportunity to make a positive and rewarding difference to your life and your community.
Google maps location
Buses: 101, 103, 123. 13-minute walk from Connolly Station, 5-minute walk from O'Connell Street. Safe bike parking provided within building.