About City of Dublin YMCA
The City of Dublin YMCA, founded in 1849, is the second oldest YMCA in the world. Through the years, our organisation has operated out of
many locations in the Dublin area, but we are now located in the City Centre on Aungier Street and in Sandymount on Claremont Road.
We offer a wide variety of services to the community at large, including
youth programmes, job training, short- and long-term accommodation, sports and fitness training, dance classes, childcare, transitional housing and much more.
* Regularly meetings with young person to be their positive role model.
* Encourage and help them develop positve behavioural skills.
* Be an active listener to the young person.
* Participate in quaterly outings and fun activities with young person.
* Help and encourage young person to build on their strenghts that will help them achieve their full potential.
What's required for this position
Their is no formal training required. You must be an active listener with a non judgemental approach.
Provide empathy towards young person and be able to give them support and guidance when needed.
You will be paired with a young person based on similar hobbies and interests.
- Hospitality/ Befriending
- Personable Skills
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 2hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
City of Dublin YMCA, 53 Aungier St, Dublin 2.
Other location details:
Dublin City and surrounding areas depending on activity.
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
There is on street parking that is free after 7pm. Bus number 14,15,16,122,140,83,65, drops off outside building north and south side.