About Our Lady's Hospice & Care Services
Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services has two truly special facilities, Harold’s Cross and Blackrock Hospice. Together with the community outreach that cares for people in their homes, we are able to provide specialist end-of-life care to hundreds of patients each year; we also supply rheumatic and muscular disease rehabilitation and other specialist services for older people.
Our aim is to provide a top quality health service through physical, psychological, social & spiritual support with a mix of skills, delivered through a multi-professional collaborative team approach.
There are almost 300 volunteers assisting with patient care each year at Our Lady's Hospice & Care Services, with two Volunteer Coordinators employed to manage this team.
We need a computer literate volunteer to help us keep in contact with all of our volunteers in the following ways:
• Notify volunteers by text/email/post and noticeboards of important messages and information and ensure contact details are kept up to date.
• Use CRM system and other software to keep accurate records for each volunteer.
• Assist in producing and distributing the quarterly email and print volunteer newsletter using Mailchimp and Publisher.
• Assist in updating volunteer section of the OLH website and news items for social media when required.
• Assist in documenting volunteer activity, e.g. taking photographs, capturing video, etc.
• Link in with Volunteer Coordinators and Communications Manager to help produce communication material about volunteers for special events such as Volunteer Week, Palliative Care Week etc.
Two mornings or afternoons a week at the Volunteer Office and/or working from home.
What's required for this position
- Good organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent IT skills are required.
- Ability to think creatively and work as part of a team also desirable.
A great work experience opportunity for a student or recent graduate interested in a career in communications or office administration. It might also suit someone recently retired from a similar role who wants to share their experience and skills.
- Computer/ Web/ ICT
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
- Research/ Journalism/ Media
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 3 months
Hours required: 1hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services,
Harold's Cross, Dublin D6W RY72
Also available in these counties
Dublin - City
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
This role is an opportunity to learn, grow and share your skills in a supportive, friendly environment.
The hospice is accessible by bus - routes 9, 16, 49 and 54a - and Luas Green Line at Charlemont St. Free parking on site. http://bit.ly/2FizRpT