About EDIT (Edenmore Drugs Intervention Team)
EDIT is a community drug and alcohol project that provides support for young people, adults. Edenmore Drug Intervention Team (EDIT) supports people at risk of, or affected by, problem substance use. EDIT was established in Edenmore in 1997 and continues to deliver a range of services to the local community along with people from across north east Dublin.
EDIT has undergone a period of significant change in the last two years which has resulted in growth in client numbers and expansion of services offering, particularly for family members affected by substance. We also relocated to a larger, improved and purpose-fitted location resulting in greater presence and visibility in the Edenmore community.
Building a dedicated and talented board has been integral to this development. We are looking for enthusiastic leaders to join our board and contribute to the organisation’s ongoing evolution, success and enhanced quality as a leading, community-based service.
Purpose of this Role:
• Oversee, guide and approve finance-related work of the Services Manager and Finance Administrator e.g. budgets, accounts and financial statements preparation
• Support and approve the preparation of understandable financial reports and present these to the board for discussion and amendment/approval
• Advise the board of the financial implications of options in decision-making
Support & Training:
You will receive Induction to the organisation and briefing pack. Local area partnership provides free Directors Training including an overview of the Governance Code
Meeting take place approximately every 6 weeks, usually on Thursday evenings for approximately 2 – 2.5 hours, in Edenmore, Raheny, Dublin 5.
What’s in it for you?
• Develop your career through first-hand experience at the most senior level of an organisation, exercising strategy, contributing to major decisions, overseeing performance and acting as an advocate
• Become a governance leader, enhancing the governing capacity of a community-based organisation
• Enhance the board’s diversity by sharing your point of view
• Make a meaningful difference to a non-profit organisation and the community they serve, by sharing your professional skill-set
• Work with inspirational people with a wealth of cross-sectoral experience
What's required for this position
More About You:
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic new board member who:
• Have professional qualifications and experience in the Finance sector.
• Would like to play their part in the planning, development and overseeing the implementation of a new Strategic Plan.
- Accountancy/ Finance
- Business/ HR/ Management
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 6hrs Monthly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Unit 6, Edenmore Shopping Centre, Edenmore, Raheny, Dublin 5
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Develop your career through first-hand experience at the most senior level of an organisation, exercising strategy, contributing to major decisions. • Make a meaningful difference to a non-profit organisation and the community we serve
Located on 17s and 27a bus routes. 15-minute walk from Raheny DART station.