Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Archdiocese delivering services to those who need them most within the greater Dublin area, working to relieve poverty and serve the needs of the poor and marginalised in the Archdiocese of Dublin. We offer a range of programmes based on innovative approaches to meet new and emerging needs for those affected by homelessness, the needs of young people, and the development of community driven services.
Are you looking for a practical task based volunteer opportunity where you are also part of a local community addressing food poverty? If you can get to Darndale on a Thursday morning 8.30 -12.00, Crosscare are looking for pre-packing volunteers for our Community Foodbank.
The role includes;
• sorting donated food and make food parcels ready for distribution
• supporting the coordinator in maintaining the foodbank to a high standard of quality including; cleaning / tidying shelves, stock taking & rotation and adhering to HACCP guidelines
* Please note this role can be physically challenging. Please talk to Orla in the volunteer office for more details.
What's required for this position
Good organisational skills and good team player.
- Community Development/ Social work
- Personable Skills
- Retail/ Customer Service
- Trades/ Operative/ Manual
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
Hours required: 4hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
On the grounds of Our Lady Immaculate Church/New Life Centre, Belcamp Ave, Darndale, Dublin 17.
Also available in these counties
Dublin - City, Dublin - Fingal, Louth
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Application Form
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Gain an understanding of the workings of a community Food Bank works to support people experiencing food poverty and how it operates within the overall work of the Crosscare agency.
Thorough Induction to role & training in HACCP and Manual handling.
Parking onsite bus 27, 27x