About Our Lady's Hospice & Care Services
Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services has two truly special facilities, Harold’s Cross and Blackrock Hospice. Together with the community outreach that cares for people in their homes, we are able to provide specialist end-of-life care to hundreds of patients each year; we also supply rheumatic and muscular disease rehabilitation and other specialist services for older people.
Our aim is to provide a top quality health service through physical, psychological, social & spiritual support with a mix of skills, delivered through a multi-professional collaborative team approach.
Volunteers welcome patients, families, staff and visitors into Anna Gaynor House. They are the first person to greet all visitors.
• Collect a list of residents and their location from the email facility on the PC at reception.
• Anna Gaynor House is a busy unit with a significant amount of visitors throughout the day. When visitors are coming for the first time walk them directly to the Nurses’ station.
• Anyone enquiring about donations should be directed to the Fundraising department. Donations may not be handled in Anna Gaynor House.
• The Anna Gaynor desk will primarily be an information centre within the service. The volunteer manning this desk should have a good knowledge of Our Lady’s Hospice and the location of the services in the campus.
• The volunteer should be mindful of residents coming and going from the building and should offer assistance where possible.
What's required for this position
• Good communication skills.
• Be responsible in all duties carried out.
• Be flexible and adaptable to tasks at hand.
• Be reliable and trustworthy.
• Be willing to work on your own.
• Have a basic level of IT skills.
- Computer/ Web/ ICT
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Phone Support/ Information Giver
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 3hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Harolds Cross Dublin 6W
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
They will get real life experience & value working in a Social care setting
All Direct Routes to Our Lady's Hospice (Harold's Cross).
16 From Dublin Airport Towards Ballinteer (Kingston)
49 From Pearse Street Towards Tallaght (The Square)
54a From Pearse St.Towards Ellensborough / Kiltipper Way