About Befrienders Dublin
Befrienders Dublin is a supported socialisation / befriending service which aims to support people with mental health difficulties to reintegrate into their communities and built their social supports and improve their quality of life.
You would be helping us to run a social club for people with mental health difficulties. The clubs are run on a weekly basis and we are looking for people to run the Coolock Club on Tuesday Evenings, Finglas Club on Wednesday evenings or the Blanchardstown Club on Thursday evenings.
The duties include:
1) Providing milk, tea, minerals and biscuits for the club members
2) Greeting club members and making them feel welcome
3) Facilitating weekly activities as chosen by the members, i.e. bingo, karaoke, quizes, movies, keep fit, walks and outings
4) Interacting with members and helping them with activities
5) Cleaning up after the club and locking up.
You would text the office with numbers of attendees every week and also let them know what the activity of the next week will be.
Training will be given.
What's required for this position
Outgoing, open, caring with a genuine willingness to be of help. Have leadership qualities and respect professional boundaries.
- Community Development/ Social work
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Fitness/ Health/ Beauty
- Hospitality/ Befriending
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 4hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Coolock D05 N765
Finglas D11 Y4XF
Blanchardstown D15 HE30
Other location details:
Our three club locations are Blanchardstown Dub 15, Finglas Dub 11 and Coolock Dub 5
Also available in these counties
Dublin - City, Dublin - Fingal, Meath
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
you will gain experience in Community Development and Social Care areas by assisting those with mental health issues re-integrate into their communities.
All locations well serviced by local bus and/or train services.