About Irish Cancer Society
The Irish Cancer Society is the national charity dedicated to preventing cancer, saving lives from cancer and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer through patient care, research and education. The main work of the Society is the delivery of nursing services to patients with cancer throughout Ireland. These services include; funding hospital based Oncology Liaison Nurses, community based Night Nursing for patients in their home, and Home Care Nursing teams. The Society operates a FreeFone Cancer Helpline, staffed by fully qualified nurses. This Cancer Helpline receives almost 6,000 calls annually.
Additionally the Society is the largest single voluntary supporter of cancer research in Ireland. Our annual spend on cancer research is now €2.3 million. Our cancer research activities are managed through Cancer Research Ireland, which is our research division. We rely on thousands of dedicated volunteers from around the country to help with our fundraising activities, the largest of which is our annual Daffodil Day.
TITLE: Fundraising Campaign Volunteer.
REPORTS TO: Supporter Services Office.
LOCATION: Based in Dublin.
REQUIREMENT: 2-5 Days per week.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the Society’s National Campaigns. We are looking for Volunteers who can provide a minimum two month commitment to ensure successful delivery of campaigns while gaining valuable work experience.
The candidate will gain experience working on the Women’s Mini Marathon and Societies 4 Colour Dashes and the community fundraising events across the country.
• Ensuring supporter requests are input to our database in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Contacting our supporters proactively to recruit them for the campaign.
• Fulfillment of supporters packs for events.
• Assisting with special projects as required or self-determined to enhance the Society’s fundraising capacity and/or programmatic objectives.
• Delivering the highest standard of customer service to supporters through effective handling of telephone and email queries/requests.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING WITH US
• The successful candidate will gain an insight into how a major fundraising campaigns work. He/she will also receive invaluable experience working with our supporters and fundraising teams while further enhancing their CV.
• Full training will be provided.
Please note this is an volunteering role and as such will be unpaid.
What's required for this position
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent telephone manner.
• Previous database experience.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent people skills, display empathy and sensitivity as appropriate.
- Event management/ Fundraising
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
- Retail/ Customer Service
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 month
Hours required: 1hrs
Location of volunteering opportunity:
43/45 Northumberland Road
Also available in these counties
Dublin - City, Dublin - Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown, Dublin - Fingal, Dublin - South Dublin County, Kildare, Louth, Meath, Westmeath
Screening details for this role:
- Formal Interview
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?