About Chester Beatty Library
Chester Beatty Library works to maintain and preserve the collections of the Library and to make them available in the most appropriate ways for the use and enjoyment of the public and for scholarly study and research, in order to promote a wider appreciation and understanding of the international cultural heritage embodied in the collections and to foster relations between Ireland and the peoples whose cultures are represented in the collections.
1. To greet and provide service to customers and visitors alike: to always be helpful, friendly and polite
2. To have the ability to use EPOS (computerised Till - cash register)
3. To stock shelves with merchandise.
4. To answer queries from customers.
To work as part of a team and communicate effectively with members of staff handling
5. To be accurate in cash and report discrepancies and problems to the Shop staff.
6. To keep the store tidy and clean.
7. To conduct surveys with Museum visitors.
Find out more about volunteering with us here
What's required for this position
Customer service and basic computer skills with general Microsoft Office.
- Arts/ Music/ Drama
- Multi-lingual/ Multi-culturalism
- Personable Skills
- Retail/ Customer Service
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 6 months
Hours required: 4hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
The Chester Beatty Giftshop
Dublin Castle, Dublin 2, D02 AD92
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Be in part of the social and cultural group.