About Dublin Simon Community
Dublin Simon Community works to prevent and address homelessness in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow and Meath. We provide services at all stages of homelessness and enable people to move to a place they can call home.
Core Role Requirements:
• Develop and implement a participation and development action plan that responds to the needs of service users.
• Work with individual service users and groups of service users to enhance their confidence, self esteem and social connections.
• Support and assist the service staff with the development of service programmes, ensuring that the individual needs of the service users are being addressed.
• Work with colleagues to synchronise all training, participation and social programmes delivered.
• Work with team to implement, review and evaluate programmes and initiatives within the service.
• Daily carer activities including showering, incontinence support and toileting, laundry, cleaning etc.
• Prepare reports, statistics and other information as required by Dublin Simon Community, to adhere to good record keeping guidelines and usage of the Pass and Internal IT Systems.
• Engage with team to ensure the continuity of service provision, to include handovers, diary, incident reports etc.
• Work closely with the team to implement the induction procedure and provide on-going support to service users to achieve agreed progression goals set down in their support plan.
• Ensure housing operations run smoothly - maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the services both in private rooms as well as general common areas, with service user involvement where feasible.
• Ensure health, safety and welfare is prioritised at all times within services including maintenance, safety and neighbourhood checks and other processes.
• Assist in the planning and completion of Room To Improve and service development projects.
• Process all incoming enquiries and referrals to accommodation of service users as appropriate.
• Assist in the preparations of rooms for service user intake to ensure standards are maintained.
• Facilitate service users when moving from current location to new location.
• Ensure service users adhere to terms and conditions of agreements relating to their accommodation and service users are alerted to any situation or behaviour which may result in breaches of this agreement in line with policies and procedures of DSC.
• Ensure a high standard of customer service is provided and complaints are dealt with in an efficient and appropriate manor in accordance with complaints and appeals policy and procedures.
• Investigate damage to properties, taking appropriate action and or notifying Service manager of incident in line with policies and procedures in place, producing timely reports as required.
• Respond to all incidents immediately and ensure consistent appropriate follow up.
• This volunteer role will involve a variety of shifts such as evenings, weekends and sleepover shifts.
What's required for this position
- Resilience and positive outlook.
- Effective team working.
- Initiative and taking responsibility.
- Respect for the dignity of others.
- Community Development/ Social work
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
- Phone Support/ Information Giver
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 1 year
Hours required: 10hrs Three times per week
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Dublin City Centre
Other location details:
Dublin City Centre
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Ongoing training opportunities
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
- Weekly allowance.
- Accommodation (where required).
- Full training.
- Supervision and mentoring.
- DIT accredited certificate in Volunteering.
- Career Development Opportunities.
- Social Events.
Bus, dart, luas