About Friends of the Elderly Ireland
Friends of the Elderly is a voluntary, non-denominational organisation whose aim is to improve senior citizens' quality of life by providing them with opportunities for socialising and participating in community activities.
As a Social Club volunteer you will help to:
* Prepare the social Club room with seating plan.
* Meet and Greet our older members of the social club each Wednesday from 1.30 - 4pm at 25 Bolton Street.
* Take attendance record. Serve tea and coffee, pastries and dessert.
* Assist the raffle with ticket sales and prizes.
* Sit and Chat with our older friends.
* The social club has a resident band so musical people and singers are most welcome.
* Assist with taxis home.
* There is also an opportunity to go on day trips around the country assisting with coach travel, dinners and head counts - all expenses are covered for the volunteer.
* Christmas and other themed parties also happen throughout the year.
Other Social Events
We are also looking for occasional volunteers for special eevnts like our Halloween and Christmas parties.
What's required for this position
Friendly disposition, caring nature, patient and understanding of older people.
Organised and good time keeping, reliable and honest. Musical or singing abilities.
- Arts/ Music/ Drama
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Personable Skills
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 3 months
Hours required: 3hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
25 Bolton Street Dublin 1
Also available in these counties
Dublin - Fingal
Screening details for this role:
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Physical Disability
- Learning Disability
- Mental Health Difficulties
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Induction, training and recognition.
City Centre Location. Close to Dominick Street Luas stop