About Sankalpa Addiction Services CLG
Sankalpa CLG is a community based Drugs Project working to empower people to address their individual drug and alcohol issues, by providing low threshold access services, day stabilisation programmes and targeted training and employment placements for those in recovery. We work through advocacy and partnership, leading towards the development of both individual and social recovery. Referrals from Finglas and Cabra are given priority however we accept referrals from outside this catchment area.
Board Member Responsibilities
The legal duties for board members of a company limited by guarantee are specified in Company Law. They are summarised as being:
1. To act in the best interests of Sankalpa CLG
2. To ensure the company is not run in a fraudulent or reckless manner.
3. To ensure that Sankalpa complies with on-going legal and other requirements.
Sankalpa’s board conducts its work in compliance with the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary & Charitable Organisations. A Board Handbook and a Code of Conduct for Board members exist which outline in detail what the expectations of board members are. It is important to note the following requirements for all board members:
• A commitment to the vision, mission and values of Sankalpa, and support for its ethos and values.
• Attendance at all Board meetings: Approximately eight meetings per year including the AGM.
• Possible participation on a sub-committee (current standing subcommittees are: 1) Staffing Subgroup and 2) Finance & Audit Subgroup. These subgroups have varying schedules but mostly meet on the day of the Board meetings.
• The term of office is three years.
5. Criteria for this Recruitment Process
What's required for this position
For the board member recruitment process in 2018, and in consideration of the profile of the current board members, the following skill-sets and experiences have been prioritised by the board:
A person with Legal experience / Financial
/ Company Secretarial experience / Voluntary Sector or Addiction Experience.
In making its decision, the board will look for evidence of an existing passion, or preparedness to develop one, for the non-profit sector’s development; an ability to contribute to the cohesion of the board; and evidence of leadership in the candidate’s field of work.
- Accountancy/ Finance
- Advocacy/ Lobbyist
- Business/ HR/ Management
- Community Development/ Social work
- Computer/ Web/ ICT
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Personable Skills
- PR/ Marketing/ Market Research
- Research/ Journalism/ Media
- Retail/ Customer Service
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: 3 years +
Hours required: 2hrs Monthly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Unit 8 Glasnevin Business Centre, Ballyboggan Rd, Finglas Dublin 11
Also available in these counties
Dublin - City, Dublin - Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown, Dublin - Fingal, Dublin - South Dublin County
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Mental Health Difficulties
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
The chance to support adults in recovery and develop high quality local drug services for the Finglas/Cabra area
Luas and Bus service locally. Offices are located at Eircode D11 KWF8