About Irish Deaf Society
The Irish Deaf Society provides support to the Deaf community throughout Ireland by providing: Advocacy information and advice through Irish Sign Language, Community and Personal Support, Deaf Adult Education.
Do you have an eye for fashion or retail?
Irish Deaf Society is looking for volunteers to help with sorting stock in our Donations Centre. This could be dealing with; clothes, art, books, antiques, electrical items, bric a brac etc.
You will be part of a very friendly team working together in a busy environment. You could also be involved in:
1. Selecting items for our shop window displays
2. Collecting stock for our popular in store 'Designer Days'.
3. Sorting and valuing books and antiques
4. Up-cycling projects
We are particularly looking for volunteers to help us between 9.00 - 13.00 on any week day.
What's required for this position
An interest in retail, fashion, art, antiques, books or electrical goods would help.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to sort donations brought to our warehouse.
- Willing to volunteer your time for a very good cause.
- Personable Skills
- Retail/ Customer Service
- Trades/ Operative/ Manual
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Flexible
Hours required: 4hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Unit C1 Santry Business Park Dublin 9
(off the Old Airport Road)
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Ongoing training opportunities
Volunteers with the following challenges will be supported in this role
- Physical Disability
- Sensory Disability
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
- Assisting the Irish Deaf Community.
- Likes working as part of a friendly and flexible team.
- Interest in fashion.