About Vitality Community
Vitality Community Detox Holidays is a new non profit initiative with two main goals. 1. To make affordable wellbeing holidays available to everyone. 2. To bring vitality back into rural communities by creating sustainable tourism.
Vitality Community aims to establish sustainable rural holiday locations across Ireland. As a community project administrator for your county, your role will be to help identify and find a suitable location for our affordable detox holidays.
At this time there is a major push for green or sustainable tourism and other projects in rural areas. Perhaps you know a derelict site or an unused school building near your home or outside your town. By helping to identify a location for this community project, you will be doing your part to create a vibrant, organic, wellbeing and detox retreat where people come to enjoy the beautiful countryside of the local area and to walk in nature. By joining this initiative, you will be helping to bring this injection of vitality to you county.
Right now, there are numerous derelict sites or community buildings across Ireland that would serve as an ideal location for a Vitality Community Detox Holiday. Each local authority is obliged by law to publish a list of these. However, there is usually only an address and perhaps contact details for the owner. So it is imperative we connect with volunteers who have local area knowledge.
The main role of the project administrator is to identify a location for a Vitality Community Detox Holiday Centre. You will receive full briefing on how to do this. But here are some ideas.:
- You may do this by contacting local authorities and requesting their derelict site list
- Find out if there are any unused schools, garda stations, churches, community buildings in your county that could be used
- Discuss possible sites/building with people in your area and find out if they would be available
- Contact building owners that you have identified and get the owners on board by discussing the benefits with them
- Notify people who may have a building of the benefits of having an initiative like this in the community
- Research local area policies and grants offered by each local authority to revitalise the local community in your area
- You may also visit sites and photograph them. You may then update the Vitality Community director of any sites you have established as promising
In short, you will be responsible for:
1. finding a suitable building
2. researching the status of that building
3. making contact with the owner
4. inspecting the site and photographing it.
What's required for this position
Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to work on own initiative. Good computer and internet "search " skills. Google it.
Ideally you will have some knowledge of local authorities etc.
An added benefit would be if you will have a full clean drivers licence and a car.
- Computer/ Web/ ICT
- General Admin/ Office Support
- Personable Skills
- PR/ Marketing/ Market Research
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Flexible
Hours required: 4hrs Three times per week
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Work remotely from home and liase via email or video chat.
Other location details:
Limerick, Tipperary, Laois, Leitrim, Athlone, Roscommon, Galway, Kerry, Sligo, Mayo, Clare, Kilkenny, Offaly, Westmeath
Also available in these counties
Clare, Galway, Kilkenny, Laois, Leitrim, Limerick, Mayo, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Wexford, Wicklow
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
Rewarding research project. This is an ideal role for anyone who would like to get experience of working with local authorities or has a interest in sustainable tourism.