Barnardos supports children whose well being is under threat, by working with them,their families and communities and by campaigning for the rights of children. Barnardos was established in Ireland in 1962 and is Ireland's leading independent children's charity.
Barnardos are delighted to be involved in the Finglas Family Fun Day, which is taking place on Friday, 27th July. The Finglas Family Fun Day is an exciting event, packed with outdoor fun and play for families living in the Finglas area.
We are seeking volunteers for this event to support the following:
- Assisting at the soft play area with the under-5s
- Helping out with the arts, crafts and face painting areas
- Assisting with the sports and games areas
- Managing queues so everyone can take part
- Providing encouragement and smiles during the day!
- Helping with the post event clean up
What's required for this position
Friendly, organised person, who enjoys being outside and has an interest in event management.
- Event management/ Fundraising
- Personable Skills
- Youth/ Childcare
Level of English required for this role:
Times and commitment required for this role
Minimum time commitment: Once Off
Hours required: 5hrs Once off
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Farnham Park, St Helena's Road, Finglas, Dublin 11
Also available in these counties
Dublin - Fingal
Screening details for this role:
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
Is this opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers?
Benefits you will receive as a volunteer
You have fun and are part of a vibrant and enthusiastic volunteer team, all the while you are supporting Barnardos. Also by volunteering at an event it helps you to gain new experiences and it is also an excellent way to meet new people.
Dublin bus numbers 40 and 220